Friday, June 10, 2011

Munich


I have had some heavy subjects on my mind in recent posts, so "now for something completely different." The food here in Germany is hearty fare. This photo shows what I had for dinner last night - an assortment of bread, cheese and cold cuts served on a butcher block. There were, of course, beer and pretzels for everyone, too. This particular meal in Munich is typical Bavarian food, slightly different from German food in general, I'm told. It was delicious and very filling.

Our breakfasts here in Germany have been amazing, too. I knew that our hotels would include a breakfast, but since I've never been to Europe before, I didn't know that breakfast here includes Brie, smoked salmon and even caviar! So yes, we are eating like Bavarian kings and queens. But we're walking a lot, too. Not nearly enough to walk off all this rich food, but a lot.

No comments: